Friday 18 May 2012

Pakuranga to Whangamata.

"Are you all ready?" my Mum asked me before we left."Yes" I answered.We were going to Whangamata for a night. We were going to stay at my cousins's bach."I'm bored" my brother moaned on the way there."Are we there yet?"I asked."No" my mum growled. When we got there we took everything out of the car and put them away.Then our cousins Emily, Olivia and Sam showed us our bedrooms. The girls slept in the 'Sleepout'. There was a bunkbed in the 'Sleepout'. I slept in the top bunk. When we had finished making our beds we got our shoes on and walked down to the beach. It was HOT! When we got to the beach we walked into the water and then 'SPLASH!!' All I heard was a scream from Emily because her dress got soaked from a huge wave. "Ha!Ha!Ha!" Uncle Grant started laughing. 'SPLASH!!' Then we all got wet. "Okay time to go now!" Uncle Grant shouted.When we got home we quickly got changed so we could go and say hi to my cousins friend. When I had finished getting changed we went to the living room. When we got there I saw Ethan, Bailey, Tony and Tanya. They were Emily's friend's family. "Lets play hide and-" Olivia cut short."Mmm, what's that yummy smell?" asked Sam licking his lips."FOOD!!!" shouted Emily as if she hadn't been fed in weeks. "It's the barbeque."anwered Olivia.We walked over to the barbeque and saw steak, sausages, chicken and lamb being cooked on the barbeque. We strolled over to the kitchenand saw Aunty Leigh making salad, potato bake and crumbed chicken."Okay then, what are we going to play?" asked Bailey. "Well we can play hide and-" Olivia's sentence cut short again."DINNER'S UP!!" Yelled Uncle Grant. "Yay!" we yelled. We all grabbed different kinds of delicious food. My favourite was the potato bake. When we finished the yummiest dinner ever, we had to say goodbye to Ethan and his family. Then we went to get our pyjamas on. "It's time for bed" said Aunty Leigh."Do we have to?" moaned Emily."Yes, it's getting late and you have to be ready for another action-packed day" replied Aunty Leigh."Alright" said Emily. "Goodnight, Aunty Leigh" we all said.

"Ahh"my sister yawned as we all woke up."It's cold up here on this bed." I said to my cousins." Well then come down here, with us." answered my cousin Emily. So I climbed down from the top bunk down to the ground. Then we all walked over to my Aunty and Uncle's room to say good morning. Then they led us to the kitchen for breakfast."The options are cocoapops, toast, weet-bix or starve." said Uncle Grant. When I finished my cocoapops, we all quickly got changed into our togs, because we were going for a 3 minute walk to the beach. When it was time to go to the beach, we all grabbed our boogie-boards, out of the garage and ran down to the beach with my Uncle, Aunty, Mum, Dad and my cousins. When we got there the tide was 2 metres from the grass. We ran staight down to the water with our boogie-boards strapped around our wrists and waited for a wave to come. When a wave came we looked at the sand and lay on our boogie-boards until the wave went under us then. . .  SWOOSH!! The wave made me go onto the sand. So I ran back out into the water. When it was 11:30 we walked back home for lunch. For lunch we had sandwiches. In the sandwiches was ham, chicken, lettuce and cheese. With the sandwiches was chips and biscuits. After the most delicious lunch I have ever had we went to the estuary and saw the New Zealand dotteral. The water was absolutely crystal clear. then we walked up to the dairy and got an ice-cream. The ice-cream flavour that I got was maple shortcake. It was YUMM!!!!! When we got home it was nearly 5:00 pm. Uncle Grant said it was time to go to Clark Island. We were going to walk there at low tide. When we got to the beach we ran over to Clark Island. As soon as we got there we found a stick and wrote something on the sand. I wrote my name. While I was playing in the water, all of my cousins went with Tony for a bush walk. The tide was getting so my Mum took me back to the other side. We waited but the others were still not back. I was getting scared, but then. . . "Theres Emily. I can see her pink togs amongest the trees!" I yelled in suprise. "They better get here in time" My Mum said. 3 minutes later they got across. It was cold so we quickly got in the car. When we got home we changed into our pyjamas and went to have dinner. For dinner we had homemade pizza. When we finished dinner it was time for us to leave on our journey back to Pakuranga.      

No comments: